Sunday, January 02, 2011

Should Old Guys be Blogging?

I think it is a legit question. I mean -- guys over 50 (that would be me) -- should we be blogging? The good bloggers all seem to be hip, cool and aware of the latest trends. They also have cool graphics and just good stuff on their blog pages.

What about us old guys? I don't really know how to put cool stuff on here. I'm not too good at adding links, photos and such.

But -- I'm going to try blogging for a while. See what happens. I guess I'll answer my own question -- at least for me.

Today, I preached on Ephesians 4. It is an awesome passage of scripture! So rich in meaning. The imagery is profound. Connecting "worthy" to the use of scales in the market was a brilliant stroke of Paul's pen (stylus or whatever he used). Recognizing our connectedness to one another is also a powerful word from this passage. And -- I love the challenge to progress toward maturity.

Yeah, Ephesians 4 is a great place to start the new year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who blogs these days? It's now facebook. I'll def read it if you post notes on fb.

PS: Blog is a neat idea too, but too formal for my gen.